- Serves 3 - 4 Prep time 24hrs pre-prep + 5mins
1 litre yogurt
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste (optional)
1 tablespoon minced wild garlic
1tablespoon dukkah mix
5 whole leaves wild garlic
1 pint/500 ml extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Cheesecloth, muslin bag, or paper coffee filters
1 clean pint or 500 ml glass jar with lid
- Place the colander over a large bowl. Line the colander with the cheesecloth, muslin bag, or paper coffee filters. Spoon in the yogurt.
- Leave the yogurt to drain for 24 hours, refrigerated for a milder flavor or at room temperature for a tangier labneh.The liquid that separates out into the bowl is whey. You can use it to kickstart lacto-fermented pickles, especially if you want to reduce or eliminate the amount of salt in them.
- With wet hands role out labneh into golf size balls.
- Using the wild garlic leaves wrap round half the cheese balls & lay on a plate.
- Mix the minced wild garlic with the dukkah, a pinch of salt and pepper and roll the other half of the balls through the mix.
- Lay both types of labneh of a plate and serve.
< Back to all Recipes