Serves 4 Prep time 35 mins
From April to June is the optimum time for asparagus in the UK depending on the weather. We grow about 10 acres of asparagus on the farm and although we can eat it on it's own until the cows come home, sometimes a little change is good. This asparagus risotto brings together our 2 favourite ingredients wonderfully.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red and 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 175g Arborio (risotto) rice
- 100ml white wine
- 600ml veg stock
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 85g asparagus tips
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Sauté the onion in oil until soft but not brown.
- Stir in the peppers and cook for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the rice and coat it in the oil.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until almost completely absorbed.
- Pour in the stock and add courgettes. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Throw in the asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally stir in the Parmesan and season as desired. Serve.
< Back to all Recipes