Serves 4-6 Prep time 10 mins
The ultimate drinks party nibbles. You can be pretty sure your guests won't have had these before unless... they've visited the Garlic Farm restaurant. Whole cloves in batter dipped in sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 large Solent Wight garlic bulb
- Sparkling water
- Enough self raising flour to mix
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped herbs
- Mix self raising flour with enough sparkling water to make a thick paste, add herbs & seasoning
- Break apart & peel the bulb of garlic.
- Heat oil to 180ºC. Dip each clove into the batter and cook in the hot oil for about 2 minutes until golden in colour.
- Drain the deep fried cloves on absorbent paper.
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
< Back to all Recipes