Serves 2 Prep time 25 mins
Don't be perturbed by the seemingly large quantity of garlic in this recipe. Once cooked, elephant garlic becomes wonderfully sweet and mild.
- 25g Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large elephant garlic bulb, divided into cloves, peeled and sliced
- 225g Mushrooms (field or Portobello), washed and chopped
- 50ml White Wine
- 50ml Double Cream
- Handful of chopped herbs (parsley/chives/basil or thyme all work) and extra to garnish
- 200g Tagliatelle or other pasta cooked according to packet instructions
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped Elephant Garlic and gently fry until lightly browned and softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until juices released and mostly evaporated.
- Add the wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half then add the cream and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped herbs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir the sauce through the cooked pasta and serve with extra chopped herbs to garnish.
< Back to all Recipes