Serves 6 Prep time 3 1/2 hours
A classic soup recipe with extra garlic from Granny Boswell. A great soup for all seasons.
- 1 large chicken, quartered
- 1.5 litres chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 garlic bulb, crushed
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Add all ingredients to a large soup pot, season generously and slowly bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Allow to cool and skim top, strain the soup, returning the stock to the pot.
- Mash carrots and celery, remove the chicken from the bones, shred and return to stock.
- Re-heat and season to taste.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.
< Back to all Recipes