Serves 2 - 4 Prep time 15 - 20 mins
A simple but sophisticated dish that brings out the flavour of Spring Garlic yet with its mellow warmth accommodates those less well equipped to handle garlic in the raw.
- 500gm packs fresh tortellini(or other pasta)
- 500gm fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Spring Garlic
- (stems and bulb)
- ½ wineglass dry white wine
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Clean and roughly chop mushrooms.
- Heat butter and oil together and sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green garlic and wine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to pan, tossing and cooking a minute longer.
- Serve in warmed bowls, garnished with fresh coriander leaves or rocket and curls of Sussex parmesan from the Farmers Market.
< Back to all Recipes