Serves 3 - 4 Prep time 50 mins
A simple garlicky Halloween soup recipe for when you've finished carving out your pumpkin lantern!
2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- approx 1kg chopped pumpkin flesh
- 100g split red lentils
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- red chilli, chopped
- pinch of salt and sugar
- 50g crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
Place the pumkin in a roasting dish with some oil and roast in the oven for approximatley 30mins at 160C.
- Brown the onion in a little olive oil. Add chilli and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and stock then add the roasted
pumpkin and simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are tender. Pulse to desired consistency and swirl over some creme fraiche to finish.
< Back to all Recipes