Serves 3 - 4 Prep time 10 mins
This dish combines two of spring's specialities, green garlic and dandelion greens or fresh rocket. Green or spring garlic is immature regular garlic. It is juicier and less pungent than cloves of garlic. Another advantage of green garlic is that you can cook it a while without it getting bitter on you.
- 3 - 5 green garlic bulbs
- Handful chopped mushrooms
- Red pepper diced
- Dandelion greens or Rocket bunch
- Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Take 4-5 bulbs of green garlic, slice off the most fibrous part of the tops, and slice the garlic as you would green onions.
- Saute in olive oil along with a few chopped mushrooms and some diced red bell pepper and if you have some, butternut squash.
- Add one bunch of washed and chopped dandelion greens or rocket.
- Add a few splashes of water and balsamic vinegar to the pan and cover to wilt the greens. Simmer for five minutes or so or until the greens are tender.
- Before serving, toss with olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 3-4 as a side dish. (This also goes great served over cooked rice!)
< Back to all Recipes