Serves 6 Prep time 35 mins
A twist on an all time classic. This cauliflower cheese recipe uses butternut squash and smoked garlic to turn it into a great vegetarian meal all in itself. This was from Charlie in our own restaurant and was a huge hit.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, deseeded cut into chunks
- 1 pint single cream English mustard
- 100g dry Parmesan and 300g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 bulb smoked garlic, finely diced
- Roast squash in oven until golden and boil cauliflower until just soft.
- In a heavy based pan bring single cream to the boil adding a teaspoon of English mustard (or to taste), garlic and most of the Parmesan and cheddar, simmer gently.
- Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour with 4 tbsp of cold water, add to sauce, and season to taste.
- Stir through cauliflower and squash.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese, place under hot grill until golden.
- Serve with rocket, Isle of Wight tomatoes.
< Back to all Recipes