Serves 1 - 4 Prep time 1 hr 15 mins
From the Garlic Farm Cookbook: "I made this recipe for a non-dairy friend and then discovered it was delicious in its own right. Full of flavour and fairly economical."
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 lime leave
- 1 large fillet of haddock, skinned and boned
- 6 strips unsmoked streaky bacon (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 thumb of ginger, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1/2 bag of raw spinach
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Bring the coconut milk to just before the boil with the lime leaves and set to one side.
- Toss the bacon, onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and parsnip in a little rice bran oil and place on a baking tray and roast until browned (about 30 mins).
- Cut the haddock fillet into large chunks and place in a ceramic dish along with the roasted vegetables and spinach, pour over the coconut milk and stir.
- Boil the potatoes and mash together adding a knob of butter and season to taste.
- Spoon the potato over the fish mixture. Spike the potato using the back of a spoon, and dot a few small knobs of butter on to the mash topping, this will crisp up nicely in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables.
< Back to all Recipes