Serves 4 Prep time 30 mins
This recipe can be made with any fresh vegetable. Asparagus in season is particularly good with the stock made from the stalks. For a robust flavour add smoked bacon at the sauté stage. Take care to add the vegetables, such as the asparagus, mange tout or calabrese, about half way through the cooking time so they remain green and don't over cook.
- 250g risotto rice
- 450ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 4 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh sweet corn
- 100g mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese to taste Sea salt Black pepper
- Sauté shallots and garlic in butter and olive oil.
- Remove kernels from the corncobs with a knife.
- Add risotto rice and half the vegetable stock. Cook for 5 minutes then add the sweetcorn and some more stock.
- Cook for 5 more minutes then add the mushrooms, the rest of the stock and seasoning.
- Cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with rocket and grated Parmesan cheese.
< Back to all Recipes