Serves 4 - Prep time 15 - 20 mins
Dead simple, this wild garlic pesto is a refreshing change to basil and easily becomes a defining taste of Spring.
- 1 large handful wild garlic leaves, well washed and dried
- 2 tbsp toasted pine kernels
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp English parmesan cheese (Twineham grange) freshly grated
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice at the last minute
- For best results use a pestle and mortar but otherwise process the wild garlic, pine kernels, garlic and olive oil in a food processor.
- Add in the cheese and taste, add salt and pepper as required.
- Store the pesto in a sterilised jar in the fridge.
- A squirt of fresh lemon juice at the last minute brings a real kick to this pesto and anything that it is served with.
- Don't add the lemon too early or the pesto will discolour.
Tip: Roll up several leaves of wild garlic like a cigar, slice them thinly, and add to salads, or to an omelette for a light lunch, or chop it finely and put it in salad dressing.
< Back to all Recipes