Pumpkin and Garlic Soup
Serves 3 - 4 Prep time 50 mins
A simple garlicky Halloween soup recipe for when you've finished carving out your pumpkin lantern!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- approx 1kg chopped pumpkin flesh
- 100g split red lentils
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1L hot vegetable stock
- red chilli, chopped
- 50g crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
- Place the pumpkin in a roasting dish with some oil and roast in the oven for approximately 30mins at 160C.
- Brown the onion in a little olive oil. Add chilli and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and stock then add the roasted pumpkin and simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are tender. Pulse to desired consistency and swirl over some creme fraiche to finish.