Wild Garlic Falafel - It's Springtime!!!
Serves 2 -3 Prep Time 10 mins
- Handful of the finest foraged wild garlic
- 1 can Chick peas
- 1 Red onion finely diced
- Cumin (optional)
- 200g Oats
- Salt and pepper
- Sautée the onions until soft. Add wild garlic, cook until wilted. Allow to cool a little then squeeze any excess moisture out of the cooked mixture.
- Place in a food processor with the chick peas, salt, pepper (and a large pinch of cumin if desired) and pulse, don't blend completely, there should still be some large chunks of chick peas in the mixture.
- Remove and mix with the oats. Depending on the mixture add more oats to bind it until it forms a sort of dough. Using wet hands shape into golf size balls, make sure to really shape them so they are compact and place on a plate.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Check it is hot enough by flicking in some flower, if it sizzles it is ready. Fry the balls until golden brown. Remove from pan, place in a piece of kitchen roll to catch excess oil. Eat immediately or Keep warm in oven until ready to eat.
Enjoy my garlic loving friends!!!