There are so many ways to use scapes in your cooking and most of them are very simple so we thought we'd just give as many examples as possible to get you started:
- Chop into pieces and sauteé in butter or oil for about 5 - 6 minutes and serve like a green bean or add to salads and stir fries.
- Roast or BBQ the scapes whole and serve like garlicky asparagus with an ailoli dip or just some balsamic and olive oil. You can eat the whole stem and flower head.
- Make a garlicky pesto using scapes in place of basil.
- Stir into risotto dishes.
- Make a tempura batter and deep fry them. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce. (This is a Garlic Farm favourite)
- Chop and blanch them and stir them into mash potato.
- Make a scape hummus replacing or mixing in with the chickpeas.
- Garlic scape soup.
- Chop into pieces and sautée or steam the scapes then add them to omlettes, quiches and tarts.
< Back to all Recipes