Arguably the best and simplest way to enjoy Elephant Garlic. Just roast it whole!
- 1 bulb elephant garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Chop your elephant garlic bulb in half horizontally.
- Drizzle the exposed cloves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the bulb back together, loosely enclose in foil and place in the preheated oven. Depending on the size of the bulb it will take between 40 minutes and 1 hour to roast.
- Turn down the oven to 180C and leave for an extra 30 mins to get a more caramelized flavour.
- Once roasted it can be simply spread on bread, served as a side to barbecued or roasted meats or added to sauces and soups.
< Back to all Recipes