Black Garlic Marinated Mackerel Tacos
Serves: 2 Prep time: 35 - 40mins
This great recipe came in on Facebook from one of our customers who is becoming an avid fan of Black Garlic. Thanks to Emma Wells for sharing!
- Two large mackerel fillets, sliced in half to make four thinner fillets
- 1 x black garlic clove
- Pinch of cumin seeds or ground cumin
- Pinch of chilli powder or flakes
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato (de-seeded)
- Half a small red onion
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Lime juice (about 1/4 of a lime)
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced cabbage, red or white
- 1 tbsp garlic mayo (yes we used yours!)
- Thinly sliced carrot if desired
- 4 x small tacos or 2 x tortilla wraps
- Mix marinade ingredients well with pestle and mortar, and marinade fish for at least 30 minutes.
- Dice tomato and onion into small pieces and mix with oil, lime juice, coriander, salt & pepper.
- Mix slaw ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Grill mackerel skin side up for 3 mins under a hot grill, turn over and turn grill off but leave fish under.
- Heat tacos in a dry pan as per packet instructions (about 10 seconds per side or until they have some colour).
- Assemble tacos with slaw, fish, and salsa on top. Devour!