Chicken in white wine cream
Serves 4 Prep time 35 mins
A deliciously creamy white wine chicken recipe, excellent served with rice and steamed vegetables.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small glass white wine & dash Worcestershire sauce
- 475ml/ pint double cream
- 1 teaspoon of each (fresh): basil, parsley, tarragon
- Lightly brown both sides of chicken in olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and 2 tablespoon of butter, sauté about 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lower heat and add cream, herbs and season to taste.
- Simmer on low 20-25 minutes until done.