Chicken Pie with Garlic, Cheddar Biscuit Top
Serves 4 Prep time 70 mins
An epic chicken and garlic pie with cheddar biscuit topping. What are you waiting for?
- 125g butter
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 small shallot, diced
- 100g flour
- 750ml chicken broth
- 250ml cream
- 480ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of fresh herbs parsley, tarragon, thyme
- 1 large chicken, boned & chopped
- 1 potato
- 3 carrots
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 175g frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 190g Bisquick mix
- 125g grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Boil potatoes, carrots and celery for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter with the garlic and shallots.
- Whisk in the flour a little at a time.
- Add the chicken broth to the roux and whisk vigorously.
- Add cream and 250ml of milk and continue whisking.
- Add the bay leaf, herbs and season.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and chicken. Cook for 15-20 minutes (stirring frequently) until the chicken is cooked and sauce thickened.
- Add the frozen vegetables.
- Pour pie filling into a deep casserole dish.
- To make the biscuit topping: Combine Bisquick, garlic and cheese in a bowl. Stir in 230ml milk until combined. Roll out to same size as casserole, lay over filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling starts to bubble and the biscuit topping is golden brown.