Garlic Farm Meatloaf
Serves 4 - 6 Prep time 50 mins
From the Garlic Farm Cookbook: " This hunky chunky meal is a real winner in the Garlic Farm Café. The colours and tastes are perfect for a blustery winter day. It's easy to make and freezes well so you can save it as a treat when returning from a wet and cold winter walk.
- 250g black pudding, chunkily diced
- 1kg good sausage meat
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh sprigs rosemary and sage
- 1 jar Garlic Farm chutney
- 4 slices wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Gently fry the red onion and garlic until golden.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients until combined into a sticky mass.
- Put the mixture into a loaf tin and bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes, meat loaf is cooked when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Serve as a main dish with buttered caramelised red onion and sweet potato mash and steamed Savoy cabbage hearts, or just as a rustic lunch with some olive oil, rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes.