Lamb Chops with Garlic & Herbs
Lamb chops roasted with garlic and fresh herbs are a culinary match made in heaven. Fresh rosemary and thyme naturally enhance the meat's flavour, while sweet roasted garlic cloves and salty capers really make the taste-buds sing! This tasty little dish is also ridiculously simple to prepare, meaning you can easily rustle this up for a mid-week supper and dine in style with minimal effort.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220º C and place an ovenproof dish in to warm up.
- Separate the cloves from a head of garlic, but do not peel them. Gently squash each clove with the flat of a knife.
- Splash some oil into a large frying pan, and fry the garlic cloves in their skins over a medium heat. Add the lamb chops to the pan and season them, lightly browning the meat on either side.
- Transfer the meat to the pre-warmed oven dish, and scatter the garlic around the chops, along with the capers and fresh herbs.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and pour in the cider or wine, stirring to deglaze the pan. Once this liquid has reduced by half, tip the contents over the lamb chops, along with a small glass of water.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or so, until the meat is cooked and the garlic clove are tender.
- Serve with mashed potato or creamy Potato Dauphinois, and a green salad or seasonal greens. Make sure each plate has some roasted cloves, so diners can squeeze out the soft creamy garlic as they eat.