Serves That depends! Prep time 40 mins
Black garlic brownies are as decadent as they sound. Black garlic is also a great way of getting garlic into sweet dishes and has an unusual but delicious flavour.
- 9oz quality dark choc 70-85%
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 bulb black garlic
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over a steaming water. Melt only until just blended together, not to a point that the butter separates.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sugar. The mixture will be grainy. Add one egg at a time, whisking each egg into the batter.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash thoroughly the black garlic into a paste.
- Add the garlic, vanilla, and salt to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly, smoothing top.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top has a dull finish.
- Cool on a rack.
< Back to all Recipes