Serves 6 - 8 Prep time 10 mins
Green garlic is fresh and zingy, straight from the ground. Often it is harvested just a little early to get that less intense spring onion quality. It really brings this pesto to life.
- 3 large green garlic bulbs, roots removed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- Good handful fresh basil leaves
- 150g Parmesan or Pecorino, finely grated
- Finely chop the bulbs, stems and leaves.
- Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
- Stir in the cheese and season to taste, add a little more olive oil if too dry.
- Perfect served over fresh pasta, pizzas, or with meats.
< Back to all Recipes