- Open 7 days a week from 9am - 5pm
- We are a free to enter family attraction providing the full garlic experience and free access to our beautiful farmland in the Arreton Valley.
- TASTE: we offer free tasters of all our garlic farm products. Indulge your senses in our taste experience room, there's something for everyone from the sweet chutneys and smooth mayonnaises to the hottest hot garlic sauce you'll never forget.
- ROAM: our farm is located in the fertile and beautiful Arreton Valley. We invite you to take one of our farm walks and open your eyes and ears to the flora and fauna of this natural habitat for birds, animals, insects, wild flowers which co-exist with our farmed crops. (Maps are available to purchase in our Shop)
- TAKE A TOUR: our tractor trailer tours run throughout the school holidays. Climb aboard for a guided tour through our fields and learn about garlic growing, our farm and surroundings. Farm tours available every day during October half term 2017.
- LEARN: our education centre is free to enter and includes the history of our farm, amazing archaeological finds, how garlic came to the Isle of Wight, how to grow garlic, garlic folklore and facts. Outside, the wild flower meadow is home to our garlic trial beds where you can learn about all the different varieties we are trialling this year, their provenance and characteristics.
- GET GARLICKY: fun for big and small with garlic bread making workshops, decorate a garlic bulb, planting, plaiting and grapping in our education centre in school holidays.
- PLAY: put your balance to the test in our timber play area with trim trail and nest swing. Perfect for watching the kids on the play kit whilst enjoying a coffee on the rear terrace of the restaurant.
- SHOP & EAT: the farm shop is a treasure trove of garlicky goodness and local delights. Have a meal in our restaurant to sample the amazing flavours of local, freshly prepared meals full of garlicky inspiration.
- STAY: we have 7 beautiful self catering cottages and 3 yurts located around the farm. The farm is ideally located for exploring the Island by car, bicycle or on foot. Guests enjoy access to our games room, tennis court, football pitch and discounts in the shop and restaurant.
We are open 7 days a week from 9am until 5pm
Shop & Restaurant open 9am until 5pm
Breakfast 9am until 11.00am,
Lunch 12.00 pm - 3.30pm, (tea, coffee & cake available until 5pm - last brew 4.30pm)
Allium Cafe open seasonally
Taste Experience 9:30am until 4:30pm
The Garlic Farm, Mersley Lane, Newchurch, Isle of Wight, PO36 0NR
SUNDAY ROASTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE EVERY SUNDAY THROUGH THE WINTER :-)
View Café Menu
View Breakfast Menu
View Kids Menu
You can now charge your Electric Vehicle at our car charging point while you have your lunch or shop with us. Our car charging point is a 3 KW 3 pin and is for customer use only. Maximum charge time per customer is 2 hours. Cars are charged at customers own risk.
Note for Coaches: The country lanes approaching the farm and our car park are not suitable for very large vehicles. If you are a coach party wishing to visit, please call us to make prior arrangements.
Find out about our festival and event catering venture - The Garlic Farm Field Kitchen
Find out about - WEDDINGS AT THE GARLIC FARM
GROUP VISITS TO THE FARM
We welcome group visits to the farm and offer a range of different packages to suit your budget and schedule starting from £10 per person with a minimum of 7 people.
Packages can include:
Farm Tours: Tractor trailer ride or on foot
Workshops: Cooking demos, foraging, garlic growing (please enquire if you would like us to run a particular workshop)
Breakfast, lunch, light snacks or tea and cake.
Please email email@example.com or call 01983 865378 for group visit enquiries.