Serves 4 Prep time 35 - 40 mins
The all time best ever garlic and chicken Kiev recipe. Everyone loves chicken kievs but these are in a different league. Best served with potato wedges and a side salad.
- 4 large chicken breasts, skin removed
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Handful chopped fresh wild garlic
- 250g butter, slightly softened
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 10-12 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the garlic, lemon juice, herbs and butter into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place butter in cling film and roll to create a sausage shape, and refrigerate until firm.
- Using a sharp knife make a pocket in the middle of each chicken breast, large enough to hold the garlic butter filling. Divide the garlic butter into 4 and stuff in to the centre of each pocket in the chicken breasts.
- Coat the chicken breasts in flour, dip into the beaten egg, and then in to the breadcrumbs to coat completely, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a little oil in an ovenproof frying pan, fry chicken breasts on all sides until lightly browned.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden-brown and completely cooked through.
< Back to all Recipes